Automotive oil seals are mechanical components used to seal grease (oil is a common liquid substance in transmission systems, also commonly referred to as liquid substances). They isolate the components that need lubrication in the transmission components from the output components, so as not to allow lubricating oil to leak.
What are the functions of car oil seals?
1. Prevent mud, dust, moisture, etc. from entering the bearing from outside;
2. Limit the leakage of lubricating oil in the bearings. The requirement for oil seals is that the dimensions (inner diameter, outer diameter, and thickness) should comply with regulations; Require appropriate elasticity to properly clamp the shaft and provide a sealing effect; It should be heat-resistant, wear-resistant, strong, resistant to media (such as oil or water), and have a long service life.
Reasonable use of oil seals should pay attention to the following points:
(1) Due to design and structural reasons, high speed shafts should use high-speed oil seals, while low speed shafts should use low-speed oil seals. Low speed oil seals cannot be used on high-speed shafts, and vice versa.
(2) When the ambient temperature is high, polypropylene ester or silicone, fluorine, or silicone fluorine rubber should be selected. And efforts should be made to reduce the oil temperature in the fuel tank. When the temperature is too low, cold resistant rubber should be used.
(3) Oil seals with average pressure have poor ability to withstand pressure, and when the pressure is too high, the oil seal will deform. Under conditions of excessive pressure, pressure bearing rings or reinforced pressure oil seals should be used.
(4) If the eccentricity of the oil seal during installation is too large when it fits with the shaft, its sealing performance will deteriorate, especially when the shaft speed is high. If the eccentricity is too large, a "W" shaped oil seal can be used.
(5) The surface finish of the shaft directly affects the service life of the oil seal, that is, if the shaft has a high finish, the service life of the oil seal will be longer. (6) Note that there should be a certain amount of lubricating oil at the lip of the oil seal.
(7) Special attention should be paid to preventing dust from getting into the oil seal.
The above is the sharing of the role of automotive oil seals.Sealdo Technologies Corporation produces and sells high-temperature oil seals, high-speed oil seals, automotive oil seals, small household appliance oil seals, iron shell oil seals, etc. Welcome to call our company on the website for consultation.